High Noon Track & Field Meets 2013
2013 will see a continuation of the popular 'High Noon' Track and Field meets conducted by Athletics ACT (AACT) during the winter months. All athletes turning at least 12 years of age by 31st December 2013 and older are invited to compete at these meets.
Click here to download a copy of the updated program.
If you turn 12 or older in 2013, this is a fantastic opportunity to keep up your skills and fitness during the off-season and to compete at the AIS track with senior athletes. You can try events and distances you have not tried before.
- The cost for registered athletes is $5 per athlete each week and athletes are required to wear their Centre uniform and current registration number. Current registered Little Athletes are registered until 30th September 2013.
- LAACT request that parents of registered Little Athletes who are participating in these meets assist with officiating on the day.
Please note: Athletics ACT will require athletes to pre enter at least 30 minutes before the competition commences.
All athletes must pay their entry fee in the Commonwealth Room at the AIS athletics track and hand in their Event Entry Form at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time of the event. The entry form lists all track and field events on offer at a particular High Noon meet. Blank forms will be available in the Commonwealth Room.
Click here to download a copy of the Event Entry form
Athletics ACT will be conducting the following training seminars for officials in conjunction with the High Noon meets:
- Walks - 2 June - presented by Lisa Colquhoun
- Track - 2 June & 11 August- presented by Ian Colquhoun
- Jumps - 2 & 11 August - presented by Wayne Thomas
- Throws - 14 July & 22 September - presented by Wayne Thomas
Seminars will be conducted in the Commonwealth Room at the AIS athletics track with pre-registration from 8.45am with the seminar from 9.00am to 11.15am followed by the practical session at the High Noon meet from 12noon to approx 1.30pm.
Please register to email@example.com no late than the Wednesday leading up to the Sunday seminar. This will enable us to print enough copies of the seminar material.
AACT will also conduct the Athletics Australia Level C examination(s) for those wishing to obtain their qualification.
The office can also answer any other questions you may have regarding the High Noon series or Little Athletics' involvement.
Click here for the Athletics ACT website